Under the direction of the Communications Coordinator, the Administrative/Social Media Assistant will be mainly responsible for the daily operations of the Communications Department and other tasks assigned by the Communications Coordinator. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and as a team member to perform a wide variety of administrative and social media support services, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the department. The Administrative/Social Media Assistant supports efforts to maintain excellent internal and effective external communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responds to inquiries via email, phone and mail including responding on behalf of the Communications Department staff at their request or in their absence.
· Work closely with Communications Coordinator and all SCN departments, programs/services on content and overall tone of messaging.
· Promote, develop and maintain strong internal and external contacts with Nation members and surrounding communities.
· Implement the Samson Cree Nation Communications Plan.
· Assist in the preparation of SCN brochures, handouts, direct mail, email, leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, and multimedia that communicate SCN's activities and services.
· Update and maintain bulletin boards and monitors.
· Collect information for SCN staff business cards as needed.
· Demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude with a keen interest in shaping SCN image and values to the outside world.
· Creating, editing, and writing engaging social media content on a daily basis for social media platforms
· Develop content for social media channels such as Word Press, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snap Chat, and Tik Tok
· Keep up to date with the latest trends
· Ensure the key message aligns with core business strategies
· Promote projects and support new launches
· Establish and maintain connections with membership in Pigeon Lake.
· With additional duties & responsibilities as needed.
· Grade 12 Diploma or Post Secondary education.
· Must have experience with computers and software such as adobe.
· Proficient in relevant social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other emerging channels.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
· Knowledge of public relations and media.
· Must have own transportation and will be required to provide proof of registration and insurance for their vehicle.
· Maybe subject to Drug Test.
· Must submit a Resume, along with 3 reference letters,
· Copy of Class 5 Drivers License with application.
*Applicants will be screened, only those who have the qualifications will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: January 11th, 2023 @ 4:00 PM
INTERVIEWS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
For applications and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation
Telephone (780) 585-3793 Extension 107
FAX (780) 585-2088
Maskwacis, AB, T0C 1N0