Two (2) Program Aide/Drivers with the Ermineskin Arena, Parks and Recreation department
CLOSING: July 24, 2023
Under the direction of the Arena Parks and Recreation Manager, the Program Aide -Driver will assist the programmer with all levels of program implementation and provide assistance to staff in a variety of areas and functions. Reporting Structure The Program Aide-Driver will report directly to the Arena Parks and Recreation Manager.
Assist Programmer with implementing programs and program delivery.
Supervise and assist youth registered in programs and when they are present in the facilities.
Assist facilitators or instructors with program delivery (supervising, picking up supplies, picking up snacks, etc.).
Clean areas after the completion of programs.
Set up and take down after programs.
Clean recreation vehicle after each use and complete vehicle log books.
Assist with maintaining and storing equipment and supplies.
Responsible for sanitation and cleaning of equipment and supplies after use.
Implement recreation policy and procedures.
Assist with program partnerships as required.
Assist with monitor and control of equipment and inventory supply.
Assist with the arena staff when requested.
Assist with basic maintenance and clean-up of park areas and facilities.
Assist ground maintenance staff when requested.
Assist with custodial duties and with cleaning the weight room/gym area.
Attend meetings when requested by Manager
Perform other related duties as requested by Manager.
1. Grade 12 or equivalent GED.
2. Clean criminal record check including vulnerable sector check.
3. Class 5 drivers’ license and a clean driver abstract. Class 4 drivers’ license is preferable.
4. Experience working with youth of all ages and with youth programming.
5. A member of the Alberta Recreation Parks Association is an asset.
6. Custodial care training is an asset.
7. Mandatory drug and alcohol testing.
8. Interest or background in recreation and sports.
9. Coaching or leadership training and experience is an asset.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
11. Basic computer skills.
12. Must be bondable.
13. Able to work shifts, evenings and weekends.
14. Must have patience, positive attitude and comfortable working with youth of all ages.
15. Must acquire a current standard first aid and CPR certification.
16. Must have own transportation.
17. Knowledge of recreation trends.
18. Ability to work in and promote a team approach work environment.
19. Ability to be creative and adapt to change.
20. Good physical condition and able to stand and walk through-out the day.
21. Able to use tools, lift heavy objects, and perform manual labor.
Please Submit Application/Resume, copies of Certificates, updated Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver Abstract.
Client Intake Worker with the Ermineskin Food Bank department
CLOSING: July 24, 2023
The Ermineskin Food Bank is contingent on a teamwork environment and requires all staff to work collaboratively to meet the Food Bank objectives in all aspects. In addition to their established job descriptions, team members are expected to assist with all duties essential to ensuring the highest standards of food quality, sanitation and client intake. The Client Intake worker will share responsibility for overseeing the daily operations of the Ermineskin Food Bank. Under the direction of the Food Bank Manager, he/she will ensure proper compliance of all EFB Operations in accordance with the Canadian Food Inspections Agency (CFIA) and First Nations Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB) Environment Inspection reports. He/She will also ensure proper compliance of EFB general policies and procedures in regards to subordinates, clients and distribution of hampers.
Rate/Wage: $18.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities: - Perform client intake, including data entry into the Link2Feed computer program
- Prepare and distribute client food hampers as required in accordance to EFB hamper sizes
- Answer incoming calls and greet clients and public in a courteous and professional manner
- Assist in ensuring the client filing system is up to date and well organized
- Ensure that statistics are kept up to date in regards to clients, hamper distribution, families served and hamper weights, and readily available for quarterly reports - Ensure all EFB rules and policies are followed by clients
- Monitor and store supplies on storage shelves in kitchen and bay area in an organized manner
- Assist with coordination of Fundraisers and Special Events
- Perform manual labour as required including heavy lifting and janitorial duties in a teamwork environment
- Keep a daily log of activities and events
- Communicate with other departments when necessary to confirm client information and adherence to inter-departmental criteria, and to avoid duplication of services
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the Food Bank ensuring the highest standards in food quality and sanitation procedures, as referenced by the Canada Food Safety Guidelines
- Perform other duties as requested, supporting a team environment for optimal productivity
- Maintain a log for any heavy equipment used in accordance with the standardized safety procedures set out by Occupational Health and Safety
- Local grocery pickups may be required from time to time
- May be requested to work after hours and weekends occasionally
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must demonstrate respect, honesty and integrity in their position
- Must be highly motivated and be willing to work in a teamwork environment
- Must have experience in working with computers Microsoft software
- Proficient writing and typing skills are required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Qualifications: - High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Customer Service background and/or experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft programs)
- Dependable and reliable
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally
- valid driver’s license is an asset
- Reliable transportation is an asset
- Certification in Food sanitation and hygiene an asset
- Updated Criminal Record Check
- Two (2) professional references with contact numbers are required.
Please Submit Application/Resume, updated Criminal Record Check Check and Two (2) Letters of Reference.
One (1) Board Member with the Ermineskin Rural Electrification Association (REA) Board
CLOSING: July 25, 2023
The duty of the REA Board members is to serve their community with recommendations, input, and review of various issues facing the Ermineskin Tribe, so that the Ermineskin REA can make the best decisions. The board members are the representatives of the community, so they are also utility ambassadors to the community. Keeping the public informed about the utility’s mission, goals, policies and processes.
The role of the Board includes:
2) Program planning;
3) Goal setting;
4) Decisions concerning budgeting and financial management; and
5) Evaluation of programs.
DUTIES OF THE BOARD: In general: As a board member, you will understand the needs of your community. You will bring this awareness to the full board and be willing to guide Ermineskin REA in meeting those needs. a) Find out where there are unmet needs in your community; b) Gather input from the community about how to meet those needs. Individual board members will attend board meetings and actively participate. a) Be prepared for meetings and read all materials provide b) Be willing to ask questions-exercise healthy skepticism c) Be willing to make decisions. d) Become familiar with agency policies and procedures, organizational structure, decision-making processes, and parliamentary procedure in order to become an effective representative. Board members acting as a team, set policies and goals for Ermineskin REA a) Be knowledgeable about Ermineskin REA operations and program delivery environment. b) Focus on important and long-range issues. c) Bring your experience and knowledge of your community to the table. Board members will exercise fiduciary responsibility for Ermineskin REA. a) Develop the long-range financial plan. b) Review and approve the annual audit to ensure that money is spent responsibly. Board members will play an active role in supporting the Utility manager a) Participate in the annual performance review
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. REA customer or live in a residence that uses REA services
2. Attend regular board meetings
3. Will serve a three (3) year term
4. Must have knowledge of bills and bill payment procedures
5. Must have reliable transportation
6. Read and review all documents issued before or at meetings
7. Required to be willing to devote personal time to workshops and unexpected meetings
Please Submit Application/Resume and updated Criminal Record Check.
Administrative Assistant with the Ermineskin Industrial Relations (EIRD) department CLOSING: July 25, 2023
The position of administrative assistant consists of being responsible for providing administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. The Administrative Assistant position reports directly to the department Director/Managers within the department, as they are responsible for ensuring information are distributed properly when given. Hours of Work: Monday to Friday for a total of sixty three (63) hours
Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages
Maintain filing system for the EIRD department
Check mail and faxes daily
Attend meetings to record and transcribe the minutes from these meetings
Coordinate the business development courses i.e. participant registration, booking meetings rooms, ordering required material as needed
Prepare the bi-weekly time summaries for the EIRD, Panee and NEST Managers
Assist in the preparation of meetings, workshops and seminars
Maintain office supplies for computers and office
Prepare Purchase Orders (P.O’s) for bill payment in conjunction with the Director
Prepare quick pay vouchers
Liaison public relations with the community and outside agencies/businesses
Keep a record of cheques issued i.e. Per Diems, Grants, Wages, Contractors etc.
Ensure all pertinent documents are delivered promptly to the proper department Maintain the overtime log for the EIRD employees/staff
Update and maintain monthly appointment calendars
Maintain the information wall in the EIRD office with pamphlets, grants broachers, magazines etc.
Ability to handle difficult people and/or situations
Assist in events run by EIRD i.e. Indigenous People’s Day, Treaty “Bobtail” Day and Christmas Hampers
Work overtime when required
Attend training when requested
Assist Director and EIRD Managers as needed Competencies:
Integrity Job requires being honest and ethical.
Attention to detail Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Dependability Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Cooperation Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Well organized and efficient with time management
High school diploma or equivalent;
Book Keeping/planning an Asset
Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Google Apps
High attention to detail, decisiveness and strong judgement
Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and multi-tasking skills
Strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
Travel when required
Please Submit Application/Resume, updated Criminal Record Check and copies of Certificates.
Tribal Administrator with the Ermineskin Administration department
CLOSING: August 25, 2023
**Three Year Contract**
The Tribal Administrator oversees the operational activities of the Ermineskin Cree Nation accordance with Ermineskin Creek Nation Policies, By-Laws and directives from Chief and Council.
• To exercise control of Ermineskin Cree Nation Policies, to further safeguard the interests of the Membership and employees.
• To supervise, offer support, demonstrate a high quality of management and problem solving skills when working with Ermineskin Cree Nation Directors, Managers, and Employees. Knowledgeable of the organizational affairs, and Human Resource management.
• Aware of the current membership attitudes including the historical and social and economic conditions as judgment of this nature are required in determining the needs and requests of the membership in conjunction with Policies and Budget provisions.
• Knowledgeable of all government legislation (local, provincial, national and international) pertinent to administrative procedures and operations.
The position requires contact with departments, members and outside agencies. Responsibilities and Duties:
1. To work and maintain good working relationships, in a business like manner with the Chief, Councilors, Directors, Managers, other ECN Staff and the Neyaskweyahk Iniyiwak.
2. Adhere to all ECN Policies, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and be knowledgeable of them.
3. Attend meetings and public appointments as requested/directed by Chief and/or Council.
4. To coordinate and chair monthly Directors and/or Managers meetings as required; purpose: 4.1.1. Obtain information/inform of upcoming week(s) events; 4.1.2. Provide direction as to delegation of duties; 4.1.3. Specify time frame; and 4.1.4. Review and amend Council agendas.
5. To ensure that various Ermineskin Cree Nation Committees are following Committee Code of Conduct and submitting Activity Reports on a monthly basis. The administrator shall not sit on any Committees or Boards
6. Ensure department budgets are following ECN Finance Policies and stay within their budgeted Annual Budget Approved amounts. 6.1. This may also require speaking on recommendations for each department during the budget process. 6.2. Ensure proper authorizations are in place i.e. obtain Chief and Council motion.
7. To ensure staff is available to assist Neyaskweyahk Iniyiwe(ak) with their requests and direct them to the right department as to where their request would fall under. 8. Ensure that the Communications Manager keeps the Tribal Members informed of the Operations and Business activities of the Ermineskin Cree Nation, including any changes to By-Laws, Policies and Programs/Services.
9. Assist in matters where the Director or Manager requires assistance – i.e. - provide guidance, recommendations or decisions when they encounter problems or concerns. 9.1. In absence of Directors/Managers signs off approvals for all documentation presented by department staff. 9.2. Approve requests that are over the limits established for Directors or Managers. 9.3. Perform Director Evaluations annually. 9.4. To ensure Personnel conduct at least two in-house seminars or workshops that would educate the Managers or Directors pertaining to a current administrative/managerial topic. 9.5. Review Director or Manager Job descriptions and amend accordingly. Provide revised copy to individual and Personnel.
10. Ensure that the Chief and Council are engaged in developing plans (Strategic Planning) to guide the operation of the organization in an effective and efficient manner. 10.1. Ensure that the department/strategic plans are approved. 10.2. Conduct a yearly update on departmental plans. 10.3. Hold development/strategic plans accountable to budget allocation.
11. Responsible for the accumulation of the annual budgets and to ensure that management always has involvement. Provide Council with an Overview Summary; To obtain: 11.1. Quarterly departmental reports; and 11.2. To address concerns, problems and maintain proper departmental report files.
12. To implement, execute or follow-up on approved Chief and Council direction or policies.
13. To inform Council of any Concerns/Problems affecting Tribal Custom.
14. Provide recommendations on issues that affect the operations or planning of Ermineskin Cree Nation. To report to Council in summary form a progress report of departmental achievements or accomplishments, including any other relevant meetings and information collected from meetings.
15. To assist in the annual financial audit.
16. To inform applicable person/department of correspondence received that they should be made aware of.
17. To execute all of Ermineskin Cree Nation agreements policy and law per the Financial Policy Law.
1. An asset to understand and speak Nehiyawewin.
2. Diploma/Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field.
3. Minimum Five (5) years Senior Management Experience.
4. Willingness to sign a three (3) year Employee Contract.
5. Must be computer literate.
6. Must submit a Complete Application/Resume, Clean Criminal Record Check, Cover letter, Drivers’ Abstract and three (3) letters of reference.
7. Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation.
8. Financial Management Experience.
9. Must be bondable.
Please submit your complete application/resume, Cover letter, Three (3) Letters of Reference, updated Clean Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver Abstract and copies of Certificates.
*Applications and actual job descriptions may be picked up at the Personnel office located in the Ermineskin Tribal Administration office*
Incomplete Applications will automatically be screened out
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ermineskin Cree Nation Phone: (780) 585-3741 ext. 241 or 311
Personnel Department Edmonton Direct: (780) 420-0008 Box 219
Red Deer Direct: (780) 343-1078 Maskwacîs, AB Ma Me O Beach Direct: (780)586-2545 T0C 1N0 Toll Free: 1-866-585-3941