Commercial Truck Operator with the Ermineskin Technical Services & Capital Management department
CLOSING: August 17, 2023
Under the direction of the Sr. Technician, the Commercial Truck Operator will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day duties as assigned for operating the commercial trucks that provide the various essential services for Ermineskin Cree Nation. The successful candidate must also be willing to provide support to other areas within the department when required.
Job Duties: • Attend to regular service delivery schedules and on call service delivery as required. Service delivery will include, but not limited to; Water delivery, Wastewater collection, Solid waste collection, Hydro vac services, etc. (Complete job descriptions can be obtained if contacted for interview.) • Safely operate, inspect and carry out daily preventative maintenance checks on the commercial trucks per the applicable areas in the forms provided. A routine inspection sheet must be completed before leaving the Ermineskin Technical Services & Capital Management compound. • Notify Sr. Technician of any findings/concerns regarding service delivery, truck maintenance requirements, and scheduled service appointments. • Responsible for scheduling regular service maintenance, CVIP inspection, etc. • Assist in year-end inventory of vehicles, equipment, and supplies. Report findings to Sr. Technician. • Clean and sanitize interior and wash exterior of trucks weekly and/or when weather or circumstances require. • Submit requests for purchase orders for fuel and washing vehicles as required. • Responsible for operating the various trucks in a safe and reliable manner. Willingness to respond to on call emergency service delivery also required. • Pick up associated materials and supplies from vendors as required. • Notify Citizens of any areas at the service delivery location that impede the delivery of the specific service required. • Communicate with Supervisor concerning delays, equipment breakdowns, impassable road/driveway conditions and/or other maintenance problems that may impede service delivery to the home. • Fill out all required paper work and information for reports and work orders in a timely manner that is also legible (readable). • Perform all work safely, including the daily wearing of safety gear in accordance with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (Mandatory). • Report potential environmental hazards, activities and/or conditions such as vandalism or road hazards to the Sr. Technician. • Other duties as requested.
Responsibility: The Commercial Truck Operator must adhere to the Operations Manual established within Ermineskin Technical Services & Capital Management and Ermineskin Cree Nations’ Personnel Policy.
Job Specifications: • Must be able to take direction and provide for a positive working attitude. • Must be punctual and reliable. • Must be in good physical condition and be able to lift 75 pounds minimum. • Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow). • Must be willing to work overtime including evenings, weekends and/or holidays and respond to unscheduled emergency service deliveries as required. • Must be able to work alone and with other staff. • Must be safety oriented, responsible, self-motivated and take pride in workmanship. • Must drive service trucks with utmost care and responsibility. • Must be mechanically inclined and possess trouble shooting capabilities. • Knowledge of essential service delivery an asset. • Knowledge of the Cree language & culture an asset. • Must abstain from drugs and alcohol during working hours and/or when operating ETS trucks. • Must be a team player with positive attitude. • Responsible, respectful and courteous demeanour. • Responsible to attend meetings, workshops and take further training as requested.
Education: A minimum of Grade twelve or GED equivalent
Driver’s License: Class 3 with air brakes or Class I.
Experience: Must have one year’s experience in commercial truck operation with knowledge of basic routine maintenance. Clean Driver Abstract.
Other: First Aide/C.P.R. Certificate, WHMIS, and H2S Alive Training, Small Water Systems Certification
Recommended: Immunizations: Hepatitis A & B, Rabies, & Meningococcal Vaccine. Please Submit Application/Resume, updated Criminal Record Check, Driver Abstract and copies of Certificates.
Tribal Administrator with the Ermineskin Administration department
CLOSING: August 25, 2023 **Three Year Contract**
The Tribal Administrator oversees the operational activities of the Ermineskin Cree Nation accordance with Ermineskin Creek Nation Policies, By-Laws and directives from Chief and Council. • To exercise control of Ermineskin Cree Nation Policies, to further safeguard the interests of the Membership and employees. • To supervise, offer support, demonstrate a high quality of management and problem solving skills when working with Ermineskin Cree Nation Directors, Managers, and Employees. Knowledgeable of the organizational affairs, and Human Resource management. • Aware of the current membership attitudes including the historical and social and economic conditions as judgment of this nature are required in determining the needs and requests of the membership in conjunction with Policies and Budget provisions. • Knowledgeable of all government legislation (local, provincial, national and international) pertinent to administrative procedures and operations. The position requires contact with departments, members and outside agencies. Responsibilities and Duties:
1. To work and maintain good working relationships, in a business like manner with the Chief, Councilors, Directors, Managers, other ECN Staff and the Neyaskweyahk Iniyiwak.
2. Adhere to all ECN Policies, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations and be knowledgeable of them.
3. Attend meetings and public appointments as requested/directed by Chief and/or Council.
4. To coordinate and chair monthly Directors and/or Managers meetings as required; purpose:
4.1.1. Obtain information/inform of upcoming week(s) events;
4.1.2. Provide direction as to delegation of duties;
4.1.3. Specify time frame; and 4.1.4. Review and amend Council agendas.
5. To ensure that various Ermineskin Cree Nation Committees are following Committee Code of Conduct and submitting Activity Reports on a monthly basis. The administrator shall not sit on any Committees or Boards
6. Ensure department budgets are following ECN Finance Policies and stay within their budgeted Annual Budget Approved amounts.
6.1. This may also require speaking on recommendations for each department during the budget process.
6.2. Ensure proper authorizations are in place i.e. obtain Chief and Council motion.
7. To ensure staff is available to assist Neyaskweyahk Iniyiwe(ak) with their requests and direct them to the right department as to where their request would fall under. 8. Ensure that the Communications Manager keeps the Tribal Members informed of the Operations and Business activities of the Ermineskin Cree Nation, including any changes to By-Laws, Policies and Programs/Services.
9. Assist in matters where the Director or Manager requires assistance – i.e. - provide guidance, recommendations or decisions when they encounter problems or concerns.
9.1. In absence of Directors/Managers signs off approvals for all documentation presented by department staff.
9.2. Approve requests that are over the limits established for Directors or Managers. 9.3. Perform Director Evaluations annually.
9.4. To ensure Personnel conduct at least two in-house seminars or workshops that would educate the Managers or Directors pertaining to a current administrative/managerial topic.
9.5. Review Director or Manager Job descriptions and amend accordingly. Provide revised copy to individual and Personnel.
10. Ensure that the Chief and Council are engaged in developing plans (Strategic Planning) to guide the operation of the organization in an effective and efficient manner.
10.1. Ensure that the department/strategic plans are approved.
10.2. Conduct a yearly update on departmental plans.
10.3. Hold development/strategic plans accountable to budget allocation.
11. Responsible for the accumulation of the annual budgets and to ensure that management always has involvement. Provide Council with an Overview Summary; To obtain:
11.1. Quarterly departmental reports; and 11.2. To address concerns, problems and maintain proper departmental report files.
12. To implement, execute or follow-up on approved Chief and Council direction or policies
. 13. To inform Council of any Concerns/Problems affecting Tribal Custom.
14. Provide recommendations on issues that affect the operations or planning of Ermineskin Cree Nation. To report to Council in summary form a progress report of departmental achievements or accomplishments, including any other relevant meetings and information collected from meetings.
15. To assist in the annual financial audit.
16. To inform applicable person/department of correspondence received that they should be made aware of.
17. To execute all of Ermineskin Cree Nation agreements policy and law per the Financial Policy Law.
1. An asset to understand and speak Nehiyawewin.
2. Diploma/Degree in Business Administration/Management or related field.
3. Minimum Five (5) years Senior Management Experience.
4. Willingness to sign a three (3) year Employee Contract.
5. Must be computer literate.
6. Must submit a Complete Application/Resume, Clean Criminal Record Check, Cover letter, Drivers’ Abstract and three (3) letters of reference.
7. Must have valid driver’s license and own transportation.
8. Financial Management Experience.
9. Must be bondable.
Please submit your complete application/resume, Cover letter, Three (3) Letters of Reference, updated Clean Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver Abstract and copies of Certificates.
*Applications and actual job descriptions may be picked up at the Personnel office located in the Ermineskin Tribal Administration office*
Incomplete Applications will automatically be screened out
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Ermineskin Cree Nation Phone: (780) 585-3741 ext. 241 or 311 Personnel Department Edmonton Direct: (780) 420-0008 Box 219 Red Deer Direct: (780) 343-1078 Maskwacîs, AB Ma Me O Beach Direct: (780)586-2545 T0C 1N0 Toll Free: 1-866-585-3941 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org