Summer Student Coordinator and Assistant Trainees- Education Youth and Skills Development
Under the direction of the Senior Manager the Summer Student Coordinator Trainee and Assistant Trainee will train to be responsible for the overall coordination of the Summer Student Program. Due to program guidelines the age range is between 15 to 30.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collect Applications for Summer Student Program.
2. Manages the office for the Summer Student Program.
3. Maintains the records and management system of the office of the Summer Student Program.
4. Maintains books and file for the Summer Student Program.
5. Prepares all necessary correspondence and documents including letters, memos, faxes, reports, memorandums, evaluations, work-plans and other correspondence within the Summer Student Program.
6. Prepares payroll for all employees, leave forms and liaising with the Personnel Department
7. when necessary on behalf of the staff and summer students.
8. Prepares pay lists when required and picking up general ledgers at finance and distributing to appropriate departments.
9. Arranges work placements for all summer students.
10. Contacts summer students for work placements.
11. Performs any other duties as requested by Sr. Manager.
• Must be a post-secondary student.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be friendly, reliable, mature, tolerant and non-judgmental.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge of finance and accounting is a definite asset.
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with co-workers.
• Speak and understand Cree language an asset.
• Must be able to handle stress, cope with pressure and be in good physical health.
• Must be familiar with policies & procedures and confident in making independent judgments for the effective operations of the Summer Student Program.
Continues on next page…….
• Willing to sign an Oath of Confidentiality Agreement.
• Must have valid Driver's License.
• Must submit a resume.
• Submit a Criminal Records Check upon hiring.
• Maybe Subject to Drug Test.
CLOSING DATE: May 9, 2023 @ 4:00 pm
INTERVIEWS: May 10, 2023
*ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE SCREENED*
*We thank all interested applicants for their interest, but only those who are qualified and submit the required documents will be contacted for an interview. *
For Further Information, Contact:
Samson Cree Nation TELEPHONE: (780) 585-3793
Personnel Department Extension: 107
Box 159 Fax: (780) 585-2088
Maskwacis, AB, T0C 1N0 Email: email@example.com