Under the direct supervision of the Central Registry Manager. The SRO supervises staff members in the Records Department. The records and information management program consists of Policy & Procedures, Classification and Retrieval, Security, Scheduling and Disposition, Essential Records/Disaster Plan. Standard Storage Supplies, Equipment, Software and Program Plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Monitoring the creation of records in the program/service to ensure only necessary records are created.
· Ensuring that staff members who perform records and information management functions in the programs/services are fully trained.
· Ensuring the records are appropriately and securely maintained in accordance with the Nation and organization standards.
· Ensuring the inactive records no longer required by the Nation on an active basis are selected for transfer and disposition on a regular basis, in accordance with approved record retention and disposition schedules.
· Ensuring that retention periods are accurate when signing off records retention and disposition schedules and requests for the transfer and disposition of records.
· Ensuring the Central Registry Manager is advised of any problems, issues, or new requirements associated with the management of Nation records.
· Identifying any essential records series and ensuring appropriate back-up procedure are implemented.
· Liaising with the Central Registry Manager to ensure that the list of staff designated to access and retrieve unit records from the records Department is kept up-to-date.
· Possess the necessary education and experience to perform the function and responsibilities required of the designation.
· Must have computer literacy.
· Must have a minimum of Grade 12 or GED.
· Must be punctual and reliable.
· Must be willing to sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
· Submit an updated resume.
· Submit Criminal Records check.
· Maybe subject to drug test.
CLOSING DATE: February 28th, 2023 @ 4:00 pm
INTERVIEWS: To be announced
For applications and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone (780) 585-3793
Personnel Department Extension 107
Box 159, FAX (780) 585-2088
Maskwacis, AB, T0C1N0 Email: email@example.com