Samson Management (2009) Ltd. (SML) is a First Nations owned company, which oversees a diverse group of companies. We are looking for a motivated champion with a high level of integrity, who will represent our organization’s core values as the General Manager. Reporting to the SML Board of Directors (Board), the General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of SML by giving guidance and taking direction from the Board. With the support of the Board, you will be implementing the vision, mission, values, goals and objectives, which will be accomplished by successfully managing relationships and communications with employees, shareholders, the Samson Cree Nation community, as well as businesses within and outside the community of Maskwacis.
General Responsibilities, but not limited to:
1. Policy Management:
· Prepares policy options for Board approval in consultation with Board and/or Board Committees.
· Recommends appropriate policy issues for Board’s attention.
· Implements all policies adopted by Board.
2. Strategic Planning:
· Implements Board’s strategic plan.
· Oversees divisional action plans.
· Identifies the required resources to achieve goals and objectives.
· Develops and administers a sound organizational plan for Board approval; initiates improvements as necessary.
· Keeps Board informed of any changing environmental issues which may impede the accomplishment of goals and objectives.
· Reports to Board on action plan status.
· Follows and promotes the vision, mission, values, goals and objectives established by Board by developing and implementing necessary programs.
· Creates and implements strategies to stimulate brand loyalty within community and target markets, furthermore inspiring all team members to adopt the new vision, mission, values, goals and objectives, and to perform to their optimum potential, thus achieving growth and financial goals as set by Board.
4. Corporate Management:
· Performs risk management functions, communicates concerns to the Board, recommends corrective action, and performs mitigation.
· Assures that the Corporation interprets all applicable provincial and federal laws, and
presents concerns, along with creative solutions, for Board approval.
· Plans and presents required operational restructuring to meet operational efficiency requirements for board approval, when required.
· Oversees SML Administration Staff and Business Managers.
· Achieves growth and financial goals.
· Ensures that investment/business opportunities are identified, evaluated and assessed, and presented to Board for approval.
· Monitors and evaluates all corporate divisions’ profitability and staff performance on a regular basis, and presents findings to Board.
6. Strategic Networking:
· Implements Board’s direction regarding networking.
· Ensures organization and Board have appropriate understanding of external environment including, all levels of government, other agencies, potential or actual partners, joint ventures, suppliers, customers, and public at large.
· Promotes the Corporation’s vision, mission, values, and rebranding for the community, the shareholders, target markets and external communities, for their awareness.
This position is situated in a climate-controlled office. Various activities are required pertaining to the operation of the business. Will be required to work evenings and weekends to attend meetings, appointments, and emergency calls/situations. Travel will also be necessary.
· Minimum Bachelors in Business Administration, Management, Commerce or designation, copies of documentation required.
· Minimum five years’ experience in a senior management position with accounting knowledge required.
· Understanding of and experience working with First Nations.
· Experience speaking and/or understanding Cree an asset.
· Current criminal record check must be provided.
· Salary to be negotiated.
· Term of Contract to be negotiated.
This is a regular Full-Time position with a six (6) month probationary period and reports to the Samson Management (2009) Ltd. Board of Directors. Continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of the probationary period.
Closing date: October 31, 2023
Interested persons are requested to submit cover letter, resume, copies of relevant certificate(s), diploma(s) and/or degree(s), criminal record check, and three reference letters (preferably one from your most recent/current employer) by email or fax to:
SAMSON MANAGEMENT (2009) LTD.
P.O. Box 539, Maskwacis, Alberta T0C 1N0
Telephone: (780) 585-2468 Fax: (780) 585-239
SAMSON TRIBAL ENTERPRISES LTD. FARM MANAGER
The Farm Manager has the overall responsibility of managing an effective/efficient farm operation while positioning the business at profit. This includes coordinating and performing day-to-day activities while ensuring compliance to regulations and practices. The Farm Manager will report directly to the General Manager of Samson Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Quality assurance
- Application of farm management practices and government/safety regulations
- Ensure that all employees, including self, are providing a high level of performance and customer service
- Adherence to all corporate policies in effect
· Administer personnel functions
- Supervising the work of workers.
- Coordinating activities and assigns workloads
- Maintain work schedules
- Coordinate in the orientation and safety training for new employees
- Coordinate in the selection, evaluation, discipline/dismissal and promotion of workers
· Negotiate, Administer and Manage all Leases
· Planning, reporting and problem solving
· Supervises Administrative Functions of the Farm by ensuring an effective and efficient operation
· Reporting Requirements
- Quarterly reports
- Annual strategic plan and budget
- Any other reports as requested
· Will have to participate in practical activities such as:
- Operating machinery
- Making sure farm equipment is in good working order
· Act as a key advisor to the SML General Manager, and in close liaison with other Department Heads, staff and related components of the SML businesses, on all matters affecting the operation of STE including suggestions, proposals, policy recommendations and problem solving
· Other duties as required or directed
· Vast knowledge and experience in operating farm equipment and managing crops (minimum 7-10 years)
· Education relating to Crop Management (Agricultural Sciences)
· Computer skills required
· Possess a valid driver’s license
This is a Regular Full-Time position with a six-month probationary period. Continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of the probationary period.
Wage Expectations: Negotiable
Closing Date: October 27, 2023
Interested persons are requested to submit a resume and cover letter by mail, personally, email or fax to:
Samson Management (2009) Ltd.
P.O. Box 539, Maskwacis, Alberta T0C 1N0
Telephone: (780) 585-2468
Fax: (780) 585-2393
The Financial Controller is responsible to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments by developing and implementing financial policies and systems. In addition, the financial controller will assist in evaluating current and new business & investment opportunities with the intent of maximizing the organizations return. This individual must have strong communication skills and must be able to adapt to a fast pace work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Financial Controller must be able to plan, organize, and control the operations of the Finance Department of Samson Management Ltd.
· Plan, finance and accounting requirements in conjunction with other departments
· Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of establishments
· Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
· Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
· Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
· Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions to all departments
· Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
· Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
· Notify and report to General Manager concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance
· Must be able to train and mentor other accounting staff
· Complete any assigned tasks as directed from the General Manager
· A university degree in business administration, finance or accounting
· And/or Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA preferred but not required)
· Experience in accounting, budgeting, financial planning, and analysis or other financial activities
· Must possess understanding of online banking procedures
· Proficiency with computers and knowledge of accounting systems and programs
· Public relation skills are an asset
· Ability to teach and mentor accounting staff
· Experience working with “For-Profit” businesses an asset
· Adagio Software experience an asset but not required
· Any combination of the above criteria will be considered
Salary will be based on experience and knowledge
Closing Date: November 2, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found
Interested persons are requested to submit a resume and a clear criminal record check by mail, by hand, email, or fax to:
Samson Management Ltd.
Box 539, Maskwacis Alberta, TOC 1N0
Telephone: (780) 585–2468
Fax: (780) 585-2393