Samson Cree Nation 2023 Chief and Council ElectionsRequest for Proposals For Electoral Officer
Timeline: 2 Weeks
Bid opens: March 14, 2023 at 9 a.m.
Bid closes: March 28, 2023 at 4 p.m.
Samson Cree Nation seeks a qualified Electoral Officer to conduct the upcoming 2023 Samson Cree Nation Chief and Council Elections.
Scope of Work:
The duties of the Electoral Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
a) arrange plans and preparations for conducting the election, including confirming the dates and times for the nomination meetings and elections and related deadlines;
b) provide duties, assignments and directives to the Assistant to the Electoral Officer and Electoral Staff;
c) monitor and report on progress;
d) obtain any required information and materials from the Samson Cree Tribal Administration;
e) prepare and post the Samson Voter’s List and other lists as required by the Election Law;
f) ensure that the electronic tabulator has been calibrated and is in good working order and that electronic ballots are available for voting;
g) review and be knowledgeable of the Election Law and related regulations; and
h) ensure compliance with the Samson Cree Nation Election Law.
Unless extenuating circumstances exist, the Electoral Officer shall attend the nomination meeting for Chief and the nomination meeting for Councillors at the times and the places set out in the respective notices; and shall open and chair the meetings.
The Electoral Officer shall be recognized as:
· A person of good character and reputation;
· A fluent Cree speaker with good comprehension in Cree; and
· A person who is not be member of the Samson Cree Nation.
Deadline: March 28, 2023
• Letter of Intent
• Proposed Cost
• Two References
• Criminal Record Check
• Driver’s Licence
Submit Proposal to:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone: 780-585-3793
Personnel Dept. Extension: 107
Box 159 Fax: 780-585-2088
Or email address email@example.com
• This is a contracted position.
• Selection will be based on best value. Best value refers to the optimal combination of experience, knowledge, expertise, geographic location, performance, quality, time and cost.
• The successful applicant must be available to begin March 31, 2023 to June 30, 2023.
• The Nation will pay the contractor based on invoices to be processed on a bi-monthly basis unless otherwise agreed.
• Samson Cree Nation reserves the following rights:
• to delete, revise or modify or amend any part of the RFP;
• to cancel, terminate or suspend this RFP at any time and for any reason;
• to re-issue this RFP at any time and for any reason;
• to seek clarification of the contents of any response;
• to choose any or none of the proposals submitted.