The Manager has the overall responsibility for the daily operations of Okeymowkisik Gas Bar/Centex. The Business Manager will supervise and co-ordinate the activities of all staff and is accountable for all management responsibilities. The Manager reports directly to the General Manager of Samson Management (2009) Ltd.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible to plan, organize, direct, and control the operations of the business.
· Responsible to manage staff and delegate duties as appropriate.
· Responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets and strategic plans as required.
· Responsible for preparation and maintenance of reports on product inventories, site inspections, sales, invoicing, and personnel matters, etc.
· Responsible for collection of accounts receivable and preparation of monthly statements.
· Responsible to ensure all security measures are in place and are followed.
· Responsible for assisting in interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, promoting, and terminating employees.
· Responsible for ensuring that all employees, including self, provide a high level of customer service and maintain a high standard of cleanliness within store parameters.
· Responsible for ensuring that all staff are following provincial and federal regulations pertaining to the sale of tobacco and fuel, and lottery.
· Responsible for ensuring all equipment is maintained and kept in good working order.
· Responsible for maintaining a professional working relationship with all staff and support staff.
· Responsible for advertising and determining how merchandise should be displayed.
· Responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures set out by Okeymowkisik Gas Bar, Centex and Samson Management (2009) Ltd are implemented and adhered to.
· Responsible for resolving issues such as customer complaints and supply shortages, promptly and professionally.
The Manager works in a climate-controlled gas station environment. Their workdays tend to be unstructured, and they must deal with frequent interruptions. Must be able to lift 10lbs frequently and up to 50lbs occasionally. Travel may be required occasionally.
· High School Diploma
· Post secondary diploma/degree in business management, commerce, or administration field preferred.
· Effective leadership skills and ability to focus on operational and business processes.
· Previous managerial experience an asset
· Any combination of the above will be considered.
This is a Regular Full-Time position with a six-month probationary period. This position is in Maskwacis, Alberta. Continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of the probationary period.
Wage Expectations: Negotiable
Closing Date: until a suitable candidate is found
Interested persons are requested to submit a Resume, Cover letter and criminal record check by mail, personally, fax or email to:
SAMSON MANAGEMENT (2009) LTD.
P.O. Box 539, Maskwacis Alberta, T0C 1N0
Telephone: (780) 585-2468
Fax: (780) 585-2393