Under the direction of the Elder’s & Assisted Living Manager, the Receptionist will be responsible for performing general Receptionist duties to ensure effective daily operation of the Elder’s & Assisted Living and performs a wide variety of clerical duties with some secretarial work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Greets the public politely and directs questions to appropriate staff and/or assists when possible.
2. Answers the telephone in an appropriate manner and promptly takes messages as required.
3. Responsible for recording all incoming mail and faxes, and ensuring they are directed to the proper personnel.
4. Keeps a record of office supplies and equipment; also responsible for ordering/picking up of additional supplies when required.
5. Booking of Transportation services for client requests such as appointments, Water/Food Bank Hamper delivery and posts it on Service Board for Staff.
6. Photocopy of documents as requested.
7. Assist in filing of documents as required.
8. Assist with the operation and maintenance of all office equipment such as: Fax machine, Photocopiers, Computers, Printers and contact appropriate entities to ensure proper maintenance of equipment when needed.
9. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
10. Maintain a neat and tidy office at all times.
11. Performs other related duties as requested such writing up pay-lists and requisitions for Purchase Orders in the absence of another staff member.
1. Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent.
2. Secretarial Diploma or certificate would be an asset.
3. Ability to speak and understand the Cree language.
4. Ability to greet and deal with the public in a professional manner.
5. Must be reliable and punctual.
6. Must have computer knowledge and skills.
7. Must be willing to travel.
8. Must be willing to train.
9. Maybe subject to Drug Test
CLOSING DATE: February 2nd, 2023 @ 4:00pm
For Applications and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone (780) 585-3793
Personnel Department Extension 107
Box 159 Fax (780) 585-2088
T0C 1N0 Email firstname.lastname@example.org