Under the supervision of the Tipahaskahn Kamik General Manager, the Manager of Public
Works will be responsible for the coordination, control and effective operation of the Samson
Cree Nation Public Works Department. The Manager of Public Works will provide weekly
verbal and written reports as required to the Tipahaskahn Kamik General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all functions of operations within the Public Works Department.
· Responsible for supervision and evaluation of all support staff at Public Works.
· Responsible for communication with Indigenous Services Canada representatives pertaining to Public Works major projects and will ensure accurate reporting of Nation and grant funding.
· Will work alongside the Public Works Foreman to ensure daily activities are tasked according to the department workplan.
· Discipline staff as required.
· Prepare annual Public Works budget, department workplan and present to the General Manager of Tipahaskahn Kamik.
· Prepare monthly reports and submit to General Manager of Tipahaskahn Kamik General Manager.
· Must be able to submit tenders for road building (rebuilding roads) either by foot, by hour or by cubic yard, also submitting tenders for new equipment purchases, fuel and culverts.
· May assist with graveyard preparations, up keep and maintenance of all Samson Band cemeteries as needed.
· Maintain accurate and up-to date inventory of all Band owned equipment, gravel trucks and supplies, ensures proper up keep and use of same assets.
· Ensures that the Public Works yard and premises are always kept in a neat and orderly fashion.
· Ensures that Public Works employees attend job related training courses as needed.
· Any other Management related duties as requested by Tipahaskahn Kamik General Manager.
· Must have a minimum of five years management experience, road maintenance and
knowledge of the operation of heavy equipment.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must have strong computer skills (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project Management)
· Strategic planning- provides leadership to planning initiatives and ensures accountability for achievement of results.
· Must be a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational, interpersonal and project management skills.
· Financial Management – Leads with a strong sense of service to Chief, Council and staff.
· Must have knowledge of Band financial programs and procedures and is efficient in budgeting, financing and management reporting.
· Must be prepared to work flexible hours.
· Ability to speak and understand the Cree language is an asset.
· Must submit a Clear Criminal Records check; with Resume at least 3 references.
· Must have a Driver’s License and submit a copy.
· Must have own transportation; submit copy of Insurance and Registration.
· May be subject to Drug Test if required.
CLOSING DATE: January 19, 2024 @ 4:00 pm
INTERVIEWS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE SCREENED
To be considered for this position, you must submit all necessary documentation (Application, Cover letter, Resume, Certification/Licenses, Criminal Record Check, Driver License)
For application and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone (780) 585-3793
Personnel Department Extension 107
Box 159 FAX (780) 585-2088 Maskwacis, Alberta, T0C 1N0 Email: email@example.com