The Business Manager has the overall responsibility of an effective/efficient operation and positioning the business at profit. The Business Manager will report directly to the General Manager of Samson Management (2009) Ltd. and is accountable for all management responsibilities for Maskepetoon Automotive Service Center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of the Division to ensure the business is profitable.
· Manage quality assurance and quality standards.
· Prepare budget and strategic plan including marketing strategies. Develop, implement, oversee and monitor progress and keep within overall expectations for the division.
· Determine staffing requirements within current operating budget
· Manage, direct, mentor, advise and provide leadership and supervision to all staff.
· Creates and Completes work orders for necessary repairs (by completing a road test and/or customer complaints).
· Delegate repair work orders to technicians.
· Analyze, report and prepare daily/monthly/quarterly/annual reports to include key performance indicators and industry trends.
· Ensure that vendor payments and daily cash reconciliations are kept up to date.
· Ensure compliance of company standards for cost, waste, quality and safety controls.
· Manage stock availability, inventory turns and annual inventory requirements.
· Create/Establish/Continue positive communications with customers, vendors, suppliers, wholesalers, etc.
This position is situated in a climate-controlled automotive service centre and will be in direct communication with customers. You may be required to perform/assist in physical activities that pertain to vehicle repairs and maintenance. Work hours may exceed normal working standards.
· Journeyman Automotive Technician with 7-10 years’ experience, or post-secondary diploma/degree in a mechanical/technical, business management, commerce or administration field
· Effective leadership skills and ability to focus on operational and business processes
· Previous managerial experience an asset
· Previous Service Advisor experience an asset
· Any combination of the above will be considered
This is a Regular Full-Time position. This is a management position and has a six month probation period. Continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of the probation period.
Closing Date: February 16, 2023
Interested persons are requested to submit a resume and criminal record check by mail, by hand, email or fax to:
Samson Management Ltd.
Box 539, Maskwacis Alberta, T0C 1N0 email@example.com
Telephone: (780) 585–2468 Fax: (780) 585-2393