The Automotive Service Technician is responsible to inspect, diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of cars, buses, and light and commercial transport trucks. The Automotive Service Technician will report to the Business Manager of Maskepetoon Automotive.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review work orders and discuss work with Business Manager.
· Inspect motor vehicles in operation, road test motor vehicle, and test automotive systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
· Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel, brake, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
· Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
· Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
· Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, driveline service(s)e and tune ups.
· Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools.
· Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
· Maintain shop cleanliness and appearance.
· Encourage all staff to participate as team members.
This position is situated in a climate-controlled automotive service center and may be in direct communication with customers. You are required to perform/assist in physical activities that pertain to vehicle repairs and maintenance. You may have exposure to rust and other substances related to vehicles and vehicles repairs. Work hours may exceed normal working standards.
· Must possess Automotive Service Technician license (2 years’ experience preferred).
· Must possess own tools.
· Extensive knowledge of different automobiles and their service needs
· Exceptional verbal communication skills with ability to clearly discuss automotive issues.
· Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
· Ability to learn new technology and repair services procedures and specifications.
· Must be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license & must supply drivers abstract upon request.
· Basic computer knowledge is required.
· Able to work independently or as part of a team /able to manage own work flow.
· Possess efficient problem solving skills.
· Out of Province/CVIP certification (preferred)
· Any combination of the above will be considered.
This is a Regular Full-Time position. This position has a three (3) month probation period. Continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of the probation period.
Closing Date: July 3, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found
Interested persons are requested to submit a resume and criminal record check by mail, by hand, email or fax to:
Samson Management Ltd.
Box 539, Maskwacis Alberta, T0C 1N0 firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (780) 585–2468 Fax: (780) 585-2393