Under the direction of the Communications Coordinator, the Administrative/Newsletter Editor will be mainly responsible for the daily operations of the Communications Department and other tasks assigned by the Communications Coordinator. The incumbent is expected to work both independently and as a team member to perform a wide variety of administrative support services, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the department. The Administrative/Newsletter Editor supports efforts to maintain excellent internal communications and effective external communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organizes and schedules meetings, including contacting participants, booking rooms, as required.
· Attends and assists with open band meetings and other meetings as requested.
· Responds to inquiries via email, phone and mail including responding on behalf of the Communications Department staff at their request or in their absence.
· Maintains an inventory of office supplies and pre-printed stock. Orders photocopier paper, request photocopier reads and collect/submit payroll for Communications staff.
· Maintains a comprehensive filing system including archival and storage inventories for the Department.
· Makes travel arrangements for the Communications Coordinator and other department staff as well as assists with conference/workshop/professional development registration.
· Lead new staff through department and orientation.
· Completes special projects and other duties as required.
· Work closely with the all SCN departments, programs/services and the Communications Coordinator on content and overall tone of communications.
· Promote, develop and maintain strong internal and external contacts with Nation members and surrounding communities.
· Provide support to the Communications Coordinator as needed.
· Implement the Samson Cree Nation Communications Plan.
· Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople.
· Prepare and publish SCN newsletter, brochures, handouts, direct mail, email, leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, and multimedia that communicate SCN's activities and services.
· Update and maintain bulletin boards and monitors.
· Create SCN staff business cards.
· Establish and maintain communications and connections with membership in Pigeon Lake.
· Grade 12 Diploma or Post Secondary education.
· Must have experience with computers and software such as adobe.
· Knowledge of public relations and media.
· Maybe subject to Drug Test.
· Must submit a Resume, along with 3 reference letters.
· Copy of Class 5 Drivers License with application.
· Must have own transportation and will be required to provide proof of registration and insurance for their vehicle.
*Applicants will be screened, only those who have the qualifications will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: January 11th, 2023 @ 4:00 PM
INTERVIEWS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
For applications and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation
Telephone (780) 585-3793 Extension 107 FAX (780) 585-2088
Maskwacis, Alberta, T0C 1N0