EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- (2) PERSONAL SUPPORT AIDE-ELDERS & ASSISTED LIVING
Summary of Duties:
Under the direction of the Coordinator of the Assisted Living Program, the PSA is responsible for service and delivery of the program ensuring that policies are properly applied and assistance is provided in accordance to policy. The PSA will provide home care assistance for clients with special needs who are members of Samson Cree Nation and/or other special needs residing on the Samson Cree Nation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Light household cleaning duties to include sweep, mop, wash floors.
· Clean and disinfect bathrooms, spot clean walls and kitchen cupboards.
· Meal preparation if required, focusing on special diet or preparation of traditional foods; clean kitchen area after use (when possible family should prepare foods for clients prior to serving time)
· Escort clients to banking and shopping trips.
· Preparation for bed, make bed and change if necessary.
· Maintain accurate records (journaling) of care given and report any incidents to Manager
· List of duties submitted (weekly) to Supervisor in a timely manner, reports must be signed by client on daily basis to include arrival time and departure time
· May be required to participate in case conference for client
· Performs other duties as required and/or assigned by Coordinator.
· Must be in good physical health and capable of lifting.
· Maintain confidential client information and/or office.
· Knowledge of Samson Cree Nation reserve, familiar with working in an Aboriginal environment and understand Cree Language and Cree Culture.
· Familiar with issues and concerns affecting the community and awareness of the community resources and agencies which can be accessed.
· Capable of handling difficult situations.
· Ability to work well with others; team player.
· Maybe subject to Drug Test.
· Own vehicle and valid drivers’ licenses.
· Must submit resume with application, criminal records check and copy of driver’s license.
CLOSING DATE: February 2nd, 2023 @ 4:00 pm
INTERVIEWS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
For applications and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone (780) 585-3793 ext. 107
Personnel Department FAX (780) 585-2088
Box 159 Email email@example.com
Maskwacis, Alberta, T0C-1N0