Administration and Office Manager
We currently have a full-time position available for an Administration and Office Manager in our Human Resources Department (the position is located in our Edmonton office). Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources and Administration, the successful candidate will lead a team of administrative professionals and contribute to the effective operation of our offices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Provide strong leadership while overseeing and managing the administration function and building operations.
▪ Carry out the full scope of management responsibilities to a team of administrative professionals.
▪ Monitor, achieve, maintain and track service standards for the administration team.
▪ Support an environment of continued learning, supportive relationships, and effective communication.
▪ In collaboration with the team, ensure quality control, seek opportunities for continuous improvement and maintain a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
▪ Actively participate in the fulfillment of the administration team’s responsibilities when short staffed. Office Management:
▪ Prepare an annual budget for the administration department’s expenses and building operation costs.
▪ Manage invoices and analyze variances between actual costs and budgeted provisions.
▪ Oversee the purchasing of supplies, office equipment and furniture for all PHI locations with attention to fiscal responsibility.
▪ Achieve cost savings through maximizing utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors/contractors.
▪ Negotiate and manage third-party vendor contracted services as required.
▪ Purchase/administer supplies for new employees.
▪ Resolve issues related to office equipment and furniture and work with internal client groups and external vendors to assess and resolve office needs.
▪ Manage offsite file storage.
▪ Update and maintain accurate floor plans.
▪ Manage and administer the Company’s parking program. Building Management
▪ Work collaboratively with the building management team. Coordinate and track the progress of projects that are budgeted and scheduled. Actively manage the status and progress of projects including remedial action as required.
▪ Coordinate, plan and ensure completion of building repairs and other initiatives such as renovations.
▪ Liaise with staff with respect to building issues and communications.
▪ Provide support with respect to the building operations in other Peace Hills’ office locations.
▪ Relevant post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience.
▪ Previous management experience an asset.
▪ Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff.
▪ Proven leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
▪ Experience working with building operations and managing building projects.
▪ Demonstrated ability to negotiate for services and products.
▪ Experience creating and managing an operational budget.
▪ Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making.
▪ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
▪ Proven negotiation skills.
▪ Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
▪ Proven ability to effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities.
▪ Committed to continuous improvement. Working at Peace Hills Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and an exceptional work/life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, state the position being applied for and submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.