The Maskwacis Employment Center (MEC), located in Maskwacis, Alberta, is a First Nation’s organization committed to employment and career advancement for Maskwacis residents.
MEC is seeking a candidate for the position of Job Coach.
Summary: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the primary tasks of the Job Coach is to assist MEC Clients to prepare for, obtain and maintain employment through one-on-one coaching with the Clients to address employment barriers.
Duties The following are duties the Job Coach may perform when working with clients individually or in groups:
• Provide one-on-one coaching and problem solving to address barriers to employment
• Provide individual safety ticket training as required through client’s employment plans.
• Using various assessment tools to help clients identify their interests, values, beliefs, lifestyle preferences, aptitudes and abilities, and relate them to the world of work.
• Follow up with Clients to monitor progress, troubleshoot and support continued employment.
• Facilitate Personal and Career Development Workshops.
• Network with potential employers and market clients for potential employment
• Other duties as required Skills
• Proficient computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and other online platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets and Microsoft Teams.
• Comfortable facilitating communication to groups of 8-20 in-person or online through Zoom or Facebook Live for Career Connections.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills
• Team player
• Ability to multitask
• Post-Secondary Degree in a related discipline such as psychology, education, social work or human resources development. A certificate, diploma, or degree in career development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of Alberta Government Database Mobius an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Reliable transportation with Class 5 driver’s license to travel when needed.
All applicants must submit resume cover letter by January 26, 2024
PO Box 2470 Maskwacis, Alberta
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Successful candidate will be required to submit a criminal record check and Child Welfare background check