Samson Cree Nation Governance Office has a permanent full-time Office Assistant position available. Under the general supervision of the Governance Office Manager, the Office Assistant performs administrative services for the Governance Office to enhance the effectiveness through strategic information support.
· Synthesizing information submitted to the Governance Office and providing recommendations for action.
· Assists with the preparation of meetings and taking minutes as required.
· Reviewing and replying to correspondence.
· Preparing reports and various other materials as requested.
· Providing first point of contact for both telephone and in-person inquiries.
· Planning and organizing for attendance at meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops; and organizing various council functions.
· Ensuring that office is organized and filing is upkept daily.
· Other duties as requested by the Office Manager.
· Minimum Grade 12 education.
· Five (5) years of related experience.
· Knowledge of the Cree Language would be a definite asset.
· Must possess computer skills.
· Knowledge of recording minutes.
· Knowledge of office procedures and filing systems.
· Must have excellent writing skills.
· Letter of Intent to be submitted on how you would contribute to the position.
· Certification in Administration/Clerical field would be a definite asset.
· MUST submit a resume, application and clear criminal record check.
· Must have a valid Class 5 driver license and own transportation
· May be subject to a drug test.
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2023 @ 4:00 P.M.
INTERVIEWS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
All applicants will be screened
To be considered for this position, you must submit all necessary documents.
(Application, Cover page, Resume, Certification/Licences, Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Licence)
For application and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Personnel Department
P.O. Box 159 Maskwacis, Ab, T0C 1N0
Telephone: (780) 585-3793 Extension: 107
Fax (780) 585- 2088