Samson Cree Nation Governance Office has a permanent full-time position for a Front Desk Office Assistant. Under the general supervision of the Governance Office Manager, the Front Desk Office Assistant performs all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the first point of contact of the Governance Office for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make. The ideal candidate will have a reliable, friendly, and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with a high volume of calls and communicate information accurately. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on our premises.
· Keep front desk tidy presentable and organized with all necessary materials (directories, contact information, pens, forms, paper etc.)
· Greet and welcome all guests.
· Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages.
· Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them.
· Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
· Check, sort, and forward emails.
· Monitor office supplies and place orders, when necessary, as directed.
· Ensure that an electronic log of activity is kept for all incoming telephone calls and arrival of guests and keep updated records and files.
· Ensure that an electronic mail log of incoming and outgoing mail is maintained.
· Assisting with moderating virtual meetings and sharing information as required.
· Minimum Grade 12 education.
· Certification in Administration/Clerical field would be a definite asset.
· Five (5) years of related experience.
· Letter of Intent to be submitted on how you would contribute to the position.
· Knowledge of the Cree Language would be a definite asset.
· Knowledge of office procedures and filing systems.
· Must possess computer skills.
· Must have excellent writing skills.
· MUST submit a resume, application and clear criminal record check.
· Must have a valid Class 5 driver license and own transportation.
· Maybe subjected to a drug test.
CLOSING DATE: OCTOBER 13, 2023 @ 4:00 P.M.
INTERVIEWS: TO BE ANNOUNCED
All applicants will be screened
To be considered for this position, you must submit all necessary documents.
(Application, Cover page, Resume, Certification/Licences, Criminal Record Check, Driver’s Licence)
For application and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Personnel Department
Telephone: (780) 585-3793 Extension: 107
Fax (780) 585- 2088
P.O. Box 159 Maskwacis, Ab, T0C 1N0