EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: GAS UTILITY OPERATOR-DEPARMENT: SAMSON GAS UTILITY
Under the direction of the Samson Gas Utility Supervisor, the gas utility operator will be responsible for working on a particular or a combination of systems, such as gas transmission distributions under various levels of pressure, gas mains, pressure controllers, regulators, gas meters, risers and measuring, fusion of pipes, installation of new gas services, location of lines, repairs of gas lines, and other duties that is requested.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ø Must be willing to take Occupational Training in the Gas Utility Operator Program at NAIT.
Ø Apprentice as Gas utility operator, by engaging in a contractual relationship with your Employer, combining on-the-job training and formal instruction.
Ø Gas utility operators may work on a particular type or a combination of the following systems:
· Monitor gas transmission distribution systems under various levels of pressure
· Gas mains and services
· Pressure controllers and regulators
· Gas meter and measuring, installing, meter reading, and shut offs
· Duties and responsibilities vary from one position to another but, in general, they:
· Interpret prints and specifications to determine the location, size and materials required to install gas mains
· Install and maintain cathodic protection to prevent corrosion in steel and aluminum lines
· Locate underground gas systems and conduct routine surveys of gas mains and distribution lines to detect and locate escaping gas
· Carry out routine gas system maintenance functions
· Operate and maintain regulating, measuring and odourizing facilities
· Provide information about underground gas distribution lines and observe excavation work to ensure that underground gas facilities are protected
· Investigate reports of gas leaks to determine the exact location and extent of leaks
· Use equipment to expose gas lines and repair damaged pipes
· Use computers to keep records of work performed and the location and condition of pipelines
Ø Must be willing to take Basic Safety Courses.
Ø Able to operate Heavy Duty Equipment
Ø Gas utility operators work both indoors and outdoors at physically demanding tasks.
Ø Gas utility operators often work with explosive gases and power tools. To avoid injury, operators must follow safety codes and regulations and during emergency situations, follow the specified procedures.
Ø May be required to lift items weighing over 25 kilograms (55 pounds).
Ø Have grade 12 education
Ø Ability to work with little direction or supervision
Ø Must be willing to work weekends and after hours.
Ø Possess Class 5 Drivers License, vehicle and good driving record (provide drivers abstract).
Ø May be subject to a drug test
Ø Submit Resume, Criminal Records Check, Copy of driver’s license, 3 Reference Letters.
*All applications must contain the above information or will not be considered for an interview*
CLOSING DATE: January 11th, 2023
For applications and more information please contact:
Samson Cree Nation
Telephone: (780) 585-3793 Extension:107
Fax: (780) 585-2088
Maskwacis, Alberta, T0C-1N0