Mission: (Include but are not limited to):
The Financial Accountant is responsible for providing the Financial & Nation Administrator with accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; ensuring that annual budgets are adhered to; and complying with all internal and external financial reporting deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to):
· Prepare and submit monthly financial reports.
· Assist with Financial Administrator, and Band Administrator to analyze and develop financial processes that meet the unique needs of Samson Cree Nation.
· Review journal entries for the Finance Manager.
· Prepare for the year end audit and assist the External Auditors with queries.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
· Familiar with the Financial Accounting System- Xyntax.
· Strong attention to detail and Accuracy.
· Ability to take initiative, organized and meet deadlines.
· Strong problem-solving, including ability to identify and investigate, and resolve errors.
· Ability to contribute to team efforts.
Education and Experience:
· C.P.A. designation.
· First Nations and or Government experience is an asset.
· Submit Resume and Criminal Records Check with application.
· Submit any certificates related to the job.
· Submit a copy of valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: February 28th, 2023 @ 4:00pm
For applications and further information, please contact:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone: (780) 585-3793
Personnel Department Extension: 107
Box 159 Fax: (780) 585-2088
Maskwacis, AB T0C-1N0 Email: email@example.com