Under the direction of the Senior Supervisor and Manager the Child Care Worker participates in program planning for the children and is responsible for care and supervision of the children in all areas of development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Uses her/his skills to set limits necessary for the age of the child and adapt those limits to child’s stride in growth.
· Provides care and protection for children in Centre.
· Helps children to adapt and cope with real-life situations, giving them support so as to develop skills that will aid them in coping with a similar situation in the future.
· Assists with maintaining Centre in good order and equipment in good condition.
· Makes the Daycare Center a place where the child finds order but not regimentation.
· Helps child/ren to develop appropriate habits in such activities as eating, dressing, toilet habits and resting.
· Attends and participates in staff and parents’ meetings.
· Makes daily observations of the health of the child/ren and reports conditions to Senior Supervisor needing attention.
· Maintains good relationships with other staff members (working as a “team” as a “goal”).
· Continuous upgrading of her/his skills.
· Being aware of the child as a person and never doing anything to undermine his/her self-esteem.
· Perform all related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Room Supervisor and Senior Supervisor of the Day Care.
· Play and teach the children. Watch all through the children’s activities. Read stories to them, play games and sing nursery songs. Guide them in their constructive and activity period.
· Teach each child to put away each toy after they are finished with it.
· At meal or snack times, encourage the child to sit at table and finish until he is full. This will prevent him from asking for food constantly. A staff member should be sitting at the table with the children when they are eating.
· At sleep period, encourage the child to try and lie down for a period of time. Even to quietly listen to a bedtime story or tape. It’s important the sleep period be kept quiet for the benefit of the other children sleeping.
· Keep area of rooms clean and swept on a daily basis.
· Take children outside every day for fresh air - all staff to go out with children at their respective scheduled time.
Continued on next page…...
· Must submit a copy of an Early Childhood Development Certificate/Diploma any other related certificates.
· Must submit a Clean Criminal Record Check with their application.
· Must submit a Clean Child Youth Intervention Record (CYIM) check with their application.
· Must be willing to work with any age group in the day care program.
· Must be flexible with working hours
· Good verbal, written skills and organizational skills.
· Maybe subject to drug and alcohol test.
NOTE: **ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE SCREENED**
CLOSING DATE: March 22, 23 @ 4:00 pm
For applications and further information, please contact:
Telephone: (780) 585-3793 Extension: 107
Fax: (780) 585-2088
Box 159 Maskwacis, AB T0C 1N0 Maskwacis, AB