Family Enhancement Worker Position Summary:
Reporting directly to the Intake, Assessment, Family Enhancement Supervisor, the Family Enhancement Worker provides services to at risk youth, children and families, by matching appropriate and culturally relevant supports, referrals, resources, programming and in home supports to address needs. The Family Enhancement Worker works to maintain and improve upon Child Intervention services, ensures a high standard of practice within the scope of the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act (CYFEA), and adheres to quality assurance practices of related child intervention legislation, policies, procedures, along with the core principles of ACFSS. The Family Enhancement Worker is expected to carry out the mandate of Akamihk Child and Family Services Society, the Executive Director, along with other duties as directed by the Intake, Assessment, Family Enhancement Supervisor; and ensure that the Maskwacis Traditional Cree Language and Culture is respected, promoted and practiced in all aspects of the ACFSS.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Will work closely with the children, youth, and families
• Will locate, develop, and provide supports and programming for families
• Work closely with programs within ACFSS, the community and in conjunction with other local programs to ensure the range of services is effectively coordinated to meet the needs of families and caregivers.
• Will engage, collaborate, and coordinate along with the family, the Assessor, community agencies, support service providers and natural family supports to develop the concurrent plan and provide services to children/youth and families in need.
• Must be able to work independently
• Will continuously consult with their Supervisor in regards to casework practice
• Will possess knowledge regarding Intergenerational Trauma and trauma informed integrative collaborative approaches the supporting Indigenous families
• Ability to work with non-voluntary families
• Willing to engage positively and collaboratively with all service providers
• Will do on-call
• Will provide transportation for families to attend programming
• Will conduct regular home visits biweekly
• Must complete CICIO entries and documentation required as per file standards on all assigned matters
• Must be punctual
• Must be able to take direction
• Work collaboratively will all ACFSS staff
• Communicate effectively with all clients, coworkers, service providers, and community members
• Must Respect and have knowledge of the Maskwacis Cree Traditional Language and Culture
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Must have effective listening and verbal communication skills
• Must have knowledge of community resources
• Must know and adhere to the code of conduct and ethics of the organization
• Willing to attend training that pertains to job duties, as required by ACFSS
Qualifications: • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Social Work Diploma or equivalent. • Minimum two (2) years of experience working in Children's Services, social work or equivalent. • Completion of CYFEA Delegation training.
CLOSING DATE: February 13 , 2024
HOW TO APPLY: Please fax or email Cover Letter, Resume, Criminal Record Check, CYIM, 3 references and relevant documents to: Akamihk Child and Family Services Society Attention: Kendra Johnson – Human Resources Fax: 780-585-3066 Email: Kendra.firstname.lastname@example.org OR Kendra.Johnson@dfna.alberta.ca
Please note that only candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. ACFSS wishes to thank all candidates applying for the position.