Samson Cree Nation 2023 Chief and Council Elections
Request for Proposals
For Election Appeal Board Members
Timeline: 2 Weeks
Bid opens: March 14, 2023 at 9 a.m.
Bid closes: March 28, 2023 at 4 p.m.
The Samson Cree Nation seeks qualified applicants to serve as the Election Appeal Board for the Samson Cree Nation 2023 Chief and Council Elections. The Election Appeal Board consists of three (3) persons who shall designate one of its members as Chairman. Where it appears that any member of the Election Appeal Board refuses or is unable to fulfill or complete his duties, the Chief and Council shall, by resolution, appoint a replacement.
Scope of Work:
The Election Appeal Board shall, in accordance with the Samson Cree Nation Election Law, hear appeals from any candidate in the election who has reasonable grounds to believe:
(a) there was a corrupt practice with respect to the election,
(b) that a person nominated to be a candidate in the election was ineligible to be a candidate; or
(c) that there was any other violation of the Samson Cree Nation Election Law, which may have affected the result of the election.
Should the appellant request a recount, the recount shall be conducted immediately following tabulation.
The Election Appeal Board may:
a) declare that the complaint is an invalid complaint and dismiss the appeal;
b) declare that the complaint is a valid complaint but dismiss the appeal because the violation of the Samson Cree Nation Election Law was not one which would have affected the result of the election; or
c) declare the complaint to be a valid complaint and order that a new election be held in accordance with the Samson Cree Nation Election Law.
The decision of the Election Appeal Board is final and binding.
The members of the Election Appeal Board shall be recognized as:
· Persons of good character and reputation;
· 25 years of age or older; and
· A person who is not be member of the Samson Cree Nation.
Deadline: March 28, 2023
• Letter of Intent
• Proposed Cost
• Two References
• Criminal Record Check
• Driver’s Licence
Submit Proposal to:
Samson Cree Nation Telephone: 780-585-3793
Personnel Dept. Extension: 107
Box 159 Fax: 780-585-2088
Or email address email@example.com
• This is a contracted position.
• Selection will be based on best value. Best value refers to the optimal combination of experience, knowledge, expertise, geographic location, performance, quality, time and cost.
• The successful applicants must be available to serve on the nomination date being May 2, 2023 (and possibly May 16, 2023) and to serve on the election date being May 9, 2023 (and possibly May 23, 2023). In addition, they may be required to sit to hear elections appeals on or after the election dates.
• The Nation will pay the contractor based on invoices to be processed on a bi-monthly basis unless otherwise agreed.
• Samson Cree Nation reserves the following rights:
• to delete, revise or modify or amend any part of the RFP;
• to cancel, terminate or suspend this RFP at any time and for any reason;
• to re-issue this RFP at any time and for any reason;
• to seek clarification of the contents of any response;
• to choose any or none of the proposals submitted.