EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYPOSITION: TC ENERGY LIAISON DEPARTMENT: CONSULTATION
POSITION: TC ENERGY LIAISON
Under the direction of the Consultation Committee and in accordance with the Samson Cree Nation Organizational Structure. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the Consultation Office with all proposed and existing projects from TC Energy. The Liaison will be initial point of contact for all TC Energy Related Projects, assisting in facilitating Consultation between TC Energy and Samson Cree as well as conduct activities relating to Consultation.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Serve as a single point of contact for TC Energy.
· Provide support for the Committee, Traditional Lead Use Lead, Project Officer & Administrative Finance Assistance.
· Engage for the life cycle of all TC Energy Project’s within Samson Cree Nation’s Territory.
· Work cooperatively with Samson Cree Nation and TC Energy to meet mutual grounds.
· Meet with TC Energy monthly.
· Assist the Consultation Office in community outreach on TC Energy Projects.
· Work with the Consultation Office to schedule outreach meetings with Nation citizens to discover their issues and concerns on the Projects.
· The liaison will write reports to share insights with the Consultation Committee monthly.
· Proactively plan, establish priorities, and allocate resources efficiently.
· Meet and liaise with TC Energy’s Indigenous Relations Business Engagement (IRBE) team.
· Liaise with Samson Cree Nation owned businesses and contractors as well as Samson Cree Nation Member owned businesses and contractors.
· Update the SCN Contractor Inventory and share with TC Energy on a continuous basis.
· Involves monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals and deliver to the Samson Cree Nation Plan.
· Increase community awareness on TC Energy Projects in Samson Cree Nation’s Territory.
· Must be able to create and submit Band Council Resolutions for Recommendation
· Must be able to create proposals and work plans.
· Submit invoices and create budgets for relevant projects.
· Follow through on each file that is assigned with Samson’s Consultation process.
· Assist Project Proponent with consultation related activities (i.e. schedule Open Houses, Traditional Land Use studies, recommend BCR’s for council approval, etc.)
· Oversee implementation of signed agreements on a yearly basis
· Oversee review of signed agreements on a yearly basis
· Assist with Provincial and Federal Regulatory Process
· Work with communications department to get relevant information to Community
· Implementation of mitigation plan in collaboration with the legal team and consultation team
· Provide a monthly report to the Committee
· Will provide recommendations for review to the Consultation Committee
· Maintains Nation policies and procedures.
· Required to work with other First Nation Communities, as needed.
· Other duties may be assigned as requested by the Committee.
· To assist Nation owned business, nations member owned business & Joint venture partner with obtaining procurement opportunities.
· Assist TLU Lead with data collection and geographical information system (GIS)
· Perform general administrative duties as assigned
· Must have a minimum 2-year Diploma in Business Administration, Project Management, Environmental Management, or any related field
· Must have excellent computer skills
· Experience facilitating consultation, negotiations, or agreements preferably with First Nations
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Knowledgeable in environment, traditional land use, and Treaty Rights
· Knowledgeable of Federal and Provincial Regulatory Processes
· Knowledge of Samson Cree Nation and Cree Language would be an asset
· Must provide 3 professional letters of reference
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
· Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check
· Reliable Transportation is a must
· May be subject to drug testing
· 5 Year Term subject to funding
· Ability to take direction and work with no supervision
· Able to travel on short notice
· Must have own reliable transportation
· Must be flexible with working hours
· May include weekends or evening
· Attends all meetings when required
1. Must be physically able to complete fieldwork and site visits
CLOSING DATE: December 2nd, 2022
***All applicants will be screened to be considered for this position. You must submit all necessary documents. (Application, Cover Page, Resume, Certification/Licenses, Criminal Record Check, Driver’s License) ***
Samson Cree Nation Telephone (780) 585-3793
Personnel Department Extension 107
Box 159 FAX (780) 585-2088 Maskwacis, Alberta