The Corporate Office Administrator is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the General Manager and other senior management members. Duties include but are not limited to reception, arranging travel plans, meeting minute taking and distribution, minute book maintenance, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. The Corporate Office Administrator is also required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management and the public. The Corporate Office Administrator will report directly to the General Manager of Samson Management (2009) Ltd.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
2. Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff and ensure deadlines are met and procedures followed.
3. Responsible to train administrative staff
4. Assist in creating an annual strategic plan and budget for the Corporate Office. This will authorize expenditures in accordance to strategic plans and budgets.
5. Assist the Corporate Management team in compiling quarterly business reports for the Corporate Office, and Board of Directors of Samson Management (2009) Ltd, Samson Tribal Enterprises Ltd. and Parcan Developments.
6. Responsible for planning and coordinatation of required office services such as equipment, supplies, forms, maintenance, IT support and security services.
7. Responsible for monitoring the Samson Management (2009) Ltd. website
8. Responsible for performing marketing functions such as social media posts, website updates and LED sign management
9. Responsible for maintaining the Corporate Minute/Motion Book of Samson Management (2009) Ltd., and other businesses who fall under our Management Agreements.
10. Responsible for maintaining a schedule of regularly scheduled meetings for Samson Management (2009) Ltd., and the businesses they manage along with posting notices of SML, Board and Committee meetings and coordinate meeting dates and times with Board members and other management team members.
11. Responsible to ensure the boardroom is maintained, organized and meals/refreshments are arranged.
12. Ensure perdiems are requisitioned and ready for all board meetings
13. Responsible for assisting General Manager with preparation of meeting agendas and assembly of Electronic documents pertaining to meeting agendas
14. Responsible for recording minutes and preparation of first draft of all minutes within 5 business days for General Manager review and Chair approval.
15. Responsible for miscellaneous tasks such as, processing incoming administration invoices and preparing them for payment.
16. Responsible for conducting Corporate Searches and filing of Corporate documents.
17. Responsible to assist in preparation of agenda and materials in advance for board meetings.
o Transcription of minutes.
o Filing of minutes
18. Responsible for organization of travel and accommodation for employees and board members.
19. Responsible for Records Management duties
o Office filing
o Electronic filing
20. Front Desk responsibilities
o Greet people coming into the office, direct them to the appropriate contact or services, and provide information in person and by phone.
o Operate telephone system and switchboard to answer, screen and forward telephone calls, taking messages as required.
o Accept messenger and courier deliveries.
o Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically.
o Distributes memorandums and related correspondence.
o Maintain boardroom bookings and ensures cleanliness of facility for use.
o Responsible for keeping front desk and reception area is neat and tidy at all times as well as coffee area.
o Records corporate personnel’s whereabouts for message purposes.
· Diploma or Degree in business or field related to the position is preferred
· And/or Office Professional Certificate, or Human Resources related certifications.
· And/or 1–3 years previous experience in a related administrative occupation
· Experience maintaining a corporate minute book
· Proficiency in Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PPT, Teams, OneDrive…)
· Must have a Valid Drivers Licence and own transportation
· Any Combination of the above will be considered
This position offered is Regular Full Time position with a six month probationary period. Continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of the probationary period.
Wage Expectations: Pending Experience
Closing Date: July 28, 2023 or until a suitable candidate is found
Interested persons are requested to submit a resume and clear criminal record check by mail, by hand, fax or email to:
Samson Management (2009) Ltd.
Box 539, Maskwacis Alberta, T0C 1N0 firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (780) 585-2468 Fax (780) 585-2393