The AMO Society provides child, youth & family protection services for the Louis Bull Tribe. The AMO Society provides prevention services and resources for the primary principle of keeping families together. It is our belief that supporting the family and parent/guardian of an Awasisahk should be a preferred way of protecting the child and keeping families together.
House Parents have a variety of responsibilities that may vary according to the needs of the individual in their care.
Though different clients may require different levels of care or specific tasks, key responsibilities and tasks for a Caregiver can include:
• Maintaining a medication schedule and ensuring clients take medicines on time (if needed)
• Helping clients with shopping
• Preparing meals, if there are any dietary needs, prepare according to dietary restrictions
• Performing necessary housekeeping to maintain a clean-living space
• Informing caseworker about changes in the client’s mental or physical health
• Performing basic first aid and emergency care during critical situations
• Providing friendship and emotional support to the individual
• Be able to do 24-hour shifts, 3 days a week or 11-hour shifts.
• Early Childhood Education level 1, 2 or 3 certificate or;
• Youth Worker certificate or;
• Certification in basic human services field or;
• Grade 12 diploma with (3) years’ experience child/youth care experience;
• First Aid/CPR/ASSIST, and food safe handling certificates
• Crisis intervention training
• CYIM Check • Criminal record check
• Trained in First Aid, CPR
APPLICATION OPEN DATE:
January 26, 2024
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
Opened Until Filled For additional information please visit our website at https://amosociety.ca/.
We also invite applicants to submit a cover letter and resume to; Asikiw Mostos O’pikinawasiwin Society, Attention: House Parents PO Box 998, Maskwacis, AB T0C 1N0 Phone: 780-585-0104 ext. 105 HR@amosociety.ca
Asikiw Mostos O’pikinawasiwin Society thanks all applicants for their interest.
*Applicants will be screened, only those who have the qualifications will be contacted. Please note: The successful applicant will be subject to a 3-month probationary period.